Masala Pav is a popular street style dish served in Mumbai. However, this time we will try to cook a different version of Masala Pav which is Masala Pav served in the form of a sandwich.
As the idea of lovecoookserve.com is to bring you the best of recipes that are popular across, I adapted this recipe from a popular Pav Bhaji joint called Maa Anjani in Mumbai.
It requires minimum of ingredients and efforts and tastes simply amazing. One of a novel dish to serve during snack time or an easy to cook dinner recipe.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Pav Bhaji Masala
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds
- Red chilli powder
- 1 boiled potato cut into slices
- 1 tomato cut into slices
- 1 onion cut into slices
- 1 cucumber cut into slices
- 4 pieces of laadi pav (bread)
- Sandwich masala
- Cheese (optional)
- 4 tsp Mayonnaise (optional)
- Thai sweet chilli flavoured lays (optional)
- Finely chopped coriander
- Take some oil and butter in a pan and let it heat. Add cumin seeds to it and let it crackle.
- Add in the finely chopped onion and grinded garlic to it. Let it cook until the onions are translucent.
- Once the onions are cooked properly, add capsicum to it. Saute well followed by finely chopped tomatoes.
- Season this mixture with salt, red chilly powder and pav bhaji masala. Mix the vegetables well and keep on mashing it with the back of the ladle. This wil ensure that the flavours of the masala are well integrated with the veggies.
- The mixture needs to be slightly spicy.
- Take a flat pan or a tawa and spread a teaspoon of butter to it. Put some bhaji masala and place the pav on top of it.
- Coat the masala on the entire pav well so that the pav doesn’t taste dry. Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander.
- Now open the roasted pav and place the onion, tomato, potato and cucumber slices in it. Sprinkle some sandwich or chaat masala over it.
- Add some grated cheese or a cheese slice.
- For an added twist, you can also spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on one of the sides of the Pav and put some lays for added crunchiness. However this step is completely optional.
- Serve hot to your loved ones.
Don’t forget to drop your feedback on the recipe.