A fusion rice recipe which can be served as a one pot meal as it has all the components of rice, dal and vegetables. It is not only healthy but very delicious with simple spices and can be made quickly on a lazy Sunday morning
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serves 3-4 people
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/3 cup bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1/3 cup boiled corn
- 2-3 tbsp processed Cheese
- 1/2 cup boiled and soaked overnight Red kidney beans (rajma)
- Red chilly powder
- Mixed herbs
- Black pepper powder
- Peri Peri powder/ Mexican seasoning
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Soak the kidney beans overnight and steam them in a cooker for 3 whistles on high heat and up to 1 whistle on low heat.
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 20 mins and boil them in an open pan until cooked.
- Heat oil & butter in a pan and add in finely chopped garlic.
- Saute the garlic until it turns to slightly brown color and put in finely chopped onions. Saute till the onions turn translucent. Sprinkle some salt to fasten the cooking process.
- Once the onions are done, add in the bell peppers followed by tomatoes.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, Peri Peri powder or mexican seasoning and red chilly powder. Grate some processed cheese and mix in well.
- Top it up with boiled kidney beans and corn and give it a nice stir. The flavours of the seasoning should be well infused with the kidney beans and corn.
- Lastly, add the boiled rice. Avoid mixing it too much. Mix with light hands to avoid breaking the rice and maintain its texture.
- Garnish them with fresh coriander and mexican rice is ready to be served.
Do try the recipe and let me know how it turned out.