Presenting you the most simplest and delicious way to have your greens right. This recipe with all the nutritional benefits of Broccoli and Almonds is not only healthy but also simple to cook and has a very flavorful and distinct taste. What better than having this delicious soup on a cold winter evening!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serves: 1 Bowl (as in the picture)
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 medium sized onion
- 6-7 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 – 10 almonds
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- mixed herbs (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- Soak almonds in hot water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add some butter and oil to it. Add in chopped garlic and onion to it with a dash of salt. Saute the onion till they turn translucent (will take approximately 2-3 minutes)
- Once the onions are done, put in broccoli florets along with the stem. Add very little water to avoid the mixture from burning and cover the pan for the broccoli to cook a bit.
- Let the broccoli cook until soft (avoid the broccoli to turn mushy)
- Once the mixture is cooked properly, switch off the stove and let it cool down.
- Grind this mixture with the soaked almonds and milk. You can adjust the proportion of the milk as per your preference. If you prefer vegan, you can replace the milk with water.
- Add the grinded puree to a pan and let it simmer. Adjust the seasoning with salt, black pepper and mixed herbs,
- Serve hot with garlic bread or breadsticks
Do try it out and drop in your feedback. Would love to hear from you.